Sunday 26 January 2014

Origins Zero Oil Moisture Lotion and Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturising Gel

(left Origins, right Clinique)
I couldn't count the amount of face creams I have used over the years. I never used to pay attention to the ingredients in them and I was probably using the wrong things for my skin. One the problems I have with my skin is that my T-zone can get quite oily. I use a primer as a base and powder on top to set my makeup, but I find that throughout the day, I constantly have to touch it up and I become quite fed up of the shine. So whilst I was in America a couple of months ago, I thought it was the perfect time to invest in a couple of creams aimed at oily skin as it's a lot cheaper there. After reading some reviews, I decided to go for Origins Zero Oil Moisture Lotion and Clinique's dramatically different moisturising Gel.

Origins Zero Oil Moisture Lotion
A little while ago I posted about an Origins product, their Drink Up Overnight Intensive Overnight Mask and as I was really impressed with it, I thought I would give some of their other products a try. They have a whole range of zero oil products including cleansers, toners and spot treatments. After using this cream for a few days, I did notice a reduction in oil after using this cream, but I wouldn't say loads. I do love the mint smell of the cream though. It's quite a thin cream to so it's not heavy on your skin. Origins Zero Oil Moisture Lotion is on the rather more expensive side at £23 for 50ml, especially considering the size and unfortunately it doesn't come in a bigger size either. I have to day that even though he did help a bit with the shineAvailable at 
www.origins.co.uk

Clinique dramatically different moisturising Gel 
I heard a lot of good things about Clinique's dramatically different moisturising gel (winner of The Sunday Times Beauty Award) and Clinique products never really fail me. When I first used this gel I noticed straightaway how much it took the oil out of my face, in fact it almost felt too dry at first. However, after using it again, it didn't feel dry and I noticed the difference throughout the day. My makeup lasted longer and there was a lot less shine. It didn't get rid of it completely and I didn't expect it too, but there was definitely a difference to when I used a moisture for normal skin. You only need to use a small amount and it lasts for quite a while. Clinique's dramatically different moisturising gel costs £17 for 50ml or £29.50 for 125ml, available online at www.clinique.co.uk

Personally I feel that Clinique works better for me. I did see a reduction in shine from the Origins, but for me I found the Clinique works a bit better. As I said, Clinique is more drying, so I think that this would be better for those with quite oily skin, and for those that have only slightly oily skin Origins maybe better suited as it's not so intense. Maybe if I used some of Origins other zero oil products, it may have an even better result as the cleanser would take out some of that extra oil. Also, Clinique is better value for money and gives you a choice of sizes.

Do you suffer from oily skin? What would you recommend to fight the shine?

xoxo



No comments :

Post a Comment